Sunday, September 22, 2013

Quick Update!

Hi all,

I've been completely swamped with classes, work, and schoolwork for the last 2 weeks! But here's a quick catch-up on my weight loss/PKU journey!

I am down to 168 pounds, which is 17 down from my starting weight! I am FINALLY beginning to see and feel a difference in my clothes, and it is so exciting! However, it is not exciting that now all of my hoodies/zip up sweatshirts are now massively too big for me :/ My husband told me that as a reward for all my hard work, when I'm ready he will take me shopping for new jeans!! That won't be for quite awhile (my waistline/stomach is where all my fat goes to so I haven't seen too much of a difference there yet), but an exciting prospect nonetheless!

I sent in a Phe level last week and was actually happy with the 6.8 mg/dl result I got, mainly because I was low on my calories for that week, so I expected it to be higher. My dietician didn't seem as pleased, lol. Don't get me wrong she's amazing and she even said she knows all of this is easier said than done, but reminded me that she thinks it's best if I get in 1200 calories a day.

I skipped out on sending a level this week because school was stressing me out so much that I didn't have time to worry about how many calories I was or WASN'T eating. Next week I'll send another. I'm hoping to be to at least 20 pounds lost by the end of September. That would put me at 20 pounds lost in 4 months, which is close to what it should be (24 pounds) based on the myFitness Pal plan. I'll be proud of that anyways though :)

Happy First Day of Fall!!

1 comment:

  1. About 3 years ago, I set out to loose weight. I was super pumped at the first 15ish lbs that I lost, then stopped noticing a big change. Instead of freaking out, I kept staying within my caloric range and working out on schedule and stopped stepping on a scale. Eventually my parents were commenting on getting new belts as my jeans were falling off. Little did I know, I reached my goal weight. I tried on my "goal jeans" and they were too big. (bittersweet) Wait until you get baggy pants, it's awesome and annoying at the same time :) Now I weigh as much as I did when I was fourteen (I still have the overly depressed teenage journal to prove it) for a total a total of 40 pounds lost. Anyways. My advise to you is to keep at it, even when you are busy or stressed out. It does pay off in the end. Doing the little wow these fit dance in the dressing room is worth all of the hard work, trust me!

    ReplyDelete